- If ever there was a house to call your family home, this beautiful home from New Zealand's Vogel era of the late 1870s, is surely it
- Constructed from native timbers and built for the gentry, the grandeur and permanence of this 360sq.m (approx) house is an immediate attraction
- With five bedrooms, three living spaces including a billiard room and two bathrooms, your family can spread out here at Puke Kura
- The interior is in excellent order with numerous renovations; an exterior prep-work plus paint job is needed but this home is very deserving of the work. New double garage and existing single garage
- Vendor selling to buy a block of land, so your opportunity exists to own this piece of Dunedin's heritage. GV $640,000, For Sale By Negotiation
The land was originally purchased from a Maori Chief, the timber was milled from native hardwoods and the build was long, but the final product was something very special in both design and functionality. This home was named Puke Kura and clearly from translation, this property had a strong academic flavour. Always a grand home however and with five bedrooms, two bathrooms (master with ensuite), three toilets and three living areas inclusive of a billiard room, this home can cater for the larger family. With mostly new carpet, modern kitchen and new bathrooms, plus two heat pumps, Woodsman wood burner and a homely open fire in the billiard room, this property is decked out for spacious comfortable living for your family. The Insulmax in-wall insulation which has been installed on all exterior walls, enhances the ability to heat the home and keep it warm. This, coupled with the heat transfer system from the open plan kitchen-living-dining space, means the winter heating plan is taken care of. For those who like their garaging, the double garage is a much more recent addition and features extra high doors, natural lighting and electricity for those tools and projects on the work bench. If you need even more storage, the old garage is at the top of the section at the end of the sky bridge leading from the top level to the rear of the section.
The exterior is in need of prep-work and paint so should you want a hobby for next summer, this is it. The vendor will include a couple of high tower scaffolds in the sale if the money is sufficient, so this will allow you to access the exterior to complete that summer project.
Your inspection at the scheduled open home or by private appointment is encouraged as this home is not the norm, not for the average couple, but for those who appreciate the works of craftsmen of the past. If this sounds like you we need to meet, but if before we do you would like some more information, including a LIM, let me know and we will send it to you.
Come see and stay a lifetime...
- Air Conditioning
- Remote Garage
- Built-in Wardrobes
- Ducted Vacuum System
- Rumpus Room